American Crocodile, Mexico
Test your nerves and come face to face with the king of the reptiles! Snorkeling with American Crocodiles, undertake an encounter few have done!
Reviews 1 Review5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Extreme
Group Size Small Group
Mingles with the last of the dinosaurs. H2O encounters has a snorkeling expedition unlike any other. Come eye-to-eye with the American Crocodile. Weighing in at up to 2,000 pounds, these critters can grow to a length of 20 feet and swim (unsustained) up to 20 miles per hour. Experience Banco Chinchorro, the largest atoll in the Western Hemisphere and the only place where you will find a cageless, up close encounter with crocodiles. The Marine reserve also allows for excellent sightseeing and diving opportunities. These trips are very exclusive so early booking is recommended.
- 5 nights accommodation in Chinchorro and Xcalak.
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners at Chinchorro Atoll
- Breakfast and lunch while at Xcalak.
- 1 Day scuba diving Xcalak
- 3 reef dives
- 3 days snorkeling with crocodiles
- Dive tanks, belts and weights
- Exclusive team leader Alistair Barradell for entire journey
- All transportation to and from Cancun
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Personal diving gear and rentals
- Single room accommodation
- Liquors, but welcome to bring your own
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
- Crew gratuities
Hotel lodging (including lunch and dinner) is provided in Xcalak. During the crocodile encounters, two nights will be spent in the stilted cabins on the water. It is a camping setting (sleeping in hammocks or on cots) and a great opportunity to get in tune with nature. Enjoy the sunset while dining on freshly prepared local fare.
No, diving certification is only required if you participate in any of the three optional scuba dives available.
No, humans are not a preferred menu item for Crocs.
We are traveling within a Marine Reserve and as a respect to the wildlife and to ensure the safety and quality of our clients trip, only five openings are available for each expedition and only two people at a time are allowed in the water with the crocodiles.